Friday, November 18, 2011

Reading

Most everyone in the Pre-k classes are now reading.  Even two in the 3yr class. That's so exciting! I have had several questions about reading. You are welcome to email or call me at anytime. I will try my best to answer a few now. Most important Dont Push your child. You know them best and its more important that they know they are loved by you than that they are reading.
If they get stuck on a letter, say like the word "hat" just ask them what does letter h say? what does letter a say? What does letter t say? They will tell you. Then say great! Now lets try blending them together. Start with the huh sounds and keep saying it until you get to the aaaaa sound.
Try to get them to use their finger to follow along under the words.
Try to keep their book with them for atleast a few days. I would like them to read it fairly fluently and smoothly before bringing it back.
If you have lost a book. Please tell me!!!! I dont give another book out until they bring it back to me. I dont want them not to be reading!!!!
So if its lost please just let me know.
I truly love teaching preschool. I know I will be doing this well into my old age. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sadie loves reading and I give you all the credit! Thanks for being such a fabulous teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for all that you do!! You are an amazing teacher and I am so happy that Drew has been able to go to you! Thank you for all your time that you put into teaching our children! I really appreciate it! Oh and you have to teach for ever because I have more kids that are coming your way!!

    ReplyDelete